HybridZ

Where to buy/order parts.

Gordon

Hello All,

my buddy and I are starting a new project car 1971 240z / needs all parts but the body and engine.

I used to get the black dragon catalogs however they seem to be out of business. Does anyone know of a good place to get parts for (brakes / engine surrounding parts / gas tank / interior / exterior).

I've checked: Zcarsource & Zautodepot so far. Is there a good Pick-and-Pull?

We are located in the San Jose, CA area.

Any tips would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Hi Gordon,

Yep, Black Dragon stopped selling zcar parts some time ago. Motorsport Auto is a good one with an online store. For high performance parts check out Techno Toy Tuning and Arizona Zcar. There are others but those are ones I've purchased from in the past.

Cheers,

Ross

Z Car Depot has been very good to me and has decent prices in general. Though for general wear and tear things it'd be easier and cheaper to find them at your local auto store or on rockauto unless you really want something OEM that your dealer doesn't have available. 

Fuel tank:  best bet is to find someone parting out with a tank same as yours (they vary in size and internal design across the years).  Even if it's got some internal or external rust, they are very easy to restore yourself with off-the-shelf products. 

If you aren't already on the S30 pages on FB, they offer a great source of used parts.  You're in CA, so that's good -- west coast seems to have a huge availability of used cars and parts in good condition.

ZCarSource seems to be one of the better vendors if you're looking for hard-to-find original parts for restoration purposes.

For performance parts, I'd add Futofab, DP Racing, and Silvermine Motors to the list of vendors mentioned above.

If you're upgrading to EFI you can look at 280z tanks up to '76 as well. It used to be a common upgrade for those that didn't want a fuel cell. Nearly identical dimensions, just slightly different lengths on the fuel tank straps, and slightly more baffling (though not much to be honest if you've seen one cut open) 

I'll second ZCarSource for original and hard to find parts, though they're definitely quite expensive and I'd check ebay and facebook pages before going to them. 

If you decide to do adjustable suspension at any point I can vouch Techno Toy Tuning as rossman has said. Silver Mine Motors has a ton of brake options at a few different levels and price points like jhm said. Only thing I could think to add that hasn't been mentioned is Apex Engineered. They're still new but fantastic quality from my experience and if you ever want to do an engine swap their cross-member has swap-able engine mount points.