HybridZ

Power steering/high idle

error234

I’m having a issue I can’t seem to figure out.  Here is my set up and my problem 

83 280ZX turbo model with 5.3l  4l60e built transmission. 

It did not have a p/s pump installed before And ran just fine. Idle was great.

So I had lines made, installed bracket and pump, new belt that fit,  ran the belt using the same set up as a camaro SS.  So I start the car up and power steering works great but my idle seems to start around 2k and rises.  Never settles at one point either.  Wonder what I might be missing here?   Thank you for your suggestions.  I can’t seem to find anything online pertaining to my problem 

did you recently have the battery disconnected? when i disconnect and re-connect the battery in my z, the computer which is for a 1999 camaro  has to relearn and the first few times i start it the idle goes up and down some but it eventually straightens out after a little driving. it will sometimes go as high as 2k rpm's but not really past that and will also dip low enuff that i think its going to stall but doesnt. or mayb you didnt diconnect the battery but should so that it can realize there is a different amount of load on the engine. hope any of this helps, let me know

I actually took the cables off but I guess I didn’t do it long enough.  I left them off for 30 mins this morning. started it up and idled just fine.  Feel like a dumbass but atleast it’s all working and having power steering is nice :).  Thanks again!

After a couple hours of looking around, i

found my issue!  The connector to the throttle position sensor tab was broken and wasn’t in all the way.  Plugged in securely and runs/idles fine!  Must of came loose while I was installing the pump.  Thanks again everyone!