HybridZ

Structural Reinforcement to Handle 500rwhp

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to know how this setup works in the real world.  I have been impressed with the APEX Engineered products.  If anyone has more information on this keep posting it...

While you can just do the frame rails in my opinion to handle 500 HP and yes roll cages are great for the track and can take it further; I think this APEX kit is more for radically changing the suspension setup and for way more insane HP than a mere 500 where the 8.8 IRS is needed.  I am likely going with the other APEX products to enhance the stock setup for one of my Z cars but this track attack system is intriguing for my Primadonna Z car?

Edited by primaz

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, calZ said:

People spend $8k for the Arizona Z Car track pack and don't get double a-arm suspension out of it, so I think there's definitely a market. 

Thanks artishard116 for posting this radical suspension!  Yes there is a market as I might buy it for my Primadonna Z car I will be getting back to after I finish two 240's that are more mild street cars.  The reason is that I will be putting down 700-1000 HP via a RIPS RB35 and the rear end was my biggest worry.  The Primadonna Z car can be super stable over 165 mph and with the RIPS RB plus this Apex Engineered Track Attack kit I think it will be the perfect setup.  You folks have to check this out:

also this one too

• 10 months later...

I have been searching on this forum for over a year for ideas on strengthening the S30 and have found plenty of useful information that I then implemented but the post with the imgur link has been the single most useful thing in my search. Sadly because of the thread title and location it took me a long time to find it. Is there anyway we can get then link added to the BWSC FAQ? https://imgur.com/a/R27sh.

I think A lot of us understand the basics of a cage and chassis rigidity bu some of the more interesting connections you guys come up with are a little hard to visualize while trying to save weight, what a fantastic link! In fact I think I will print all those images and put them in my safe should the interwebs ever take a dump, Z building will carry on lol.