HybridZ

Starter not starting

🤫  after almost a decade,  I am back on my 1974 260Z. I hand Renu restore the gas tank, flushed all the lines, put in new gas and reinstalled the battery. Now the fun started? I turned the key and NOTHING😪. This has happened before and I want to find the source and correct it. I read a thread that suggested I remove the interlocking unit completely and jumper the by to the br wires in the interlock relay. That didn’t help so I read 280z with 383’s post of 5/29/07 titled “ engine won’t start/run “ in troubleshooting and here are my findings.

1) when I checked the voltage at the solenoid I had zero, I then broke out my trusty remote starter button, hocked it up to the solenoid and positive.battery and the engine started up. 

2) when I just turned the ignition switch to start,  a relay in the passenger footwell clicks but that is all. I removed the ignition switch and checked the voltage in the wiring harness.  Constant power is 12.22. , put jumper from power to ACC wire and got 12.09, moved the jumper to starter relay and got 9.06, moved the jumper to ignition switch wire got 9.95, moved the jumper to coil positive wire and got 2.9 ( and my jumper got hot) Measured voltage at coil when the jumper was on and had 5.4 on positive side to ground?? 

3) With the engine running,  the voltage at the coil was fluctuating from 9.7 to 10.2

4) With the ignition on but the engine not running, I measured voltage at Resistor next to coil and got 7.45 on wb, 8.45 on bw, and 10.8 on bw all to ground

5) Three other weird electrical phenomena........none of the dash lights except the glove box light illuminate, the motor will not start with the combo switch turned on but will not kill the engine if the lights are turned on after it starts.......if a turn signal is flashing and you turn on the fourways, none of the lights work!!

Not great on auto electrics so, sure could use some help.🙏🛠

Edited by go 260z
Spelling