HybridZ

Megasquirt 3.57 and 280zx turbo dizzy wiring

dpuma8

Hi everyone, I had my L28et with Megasquirt II 3.57 for a while but I had problems with revving above 4,000 rpms and bad TPS noise. I ripped all the wiring out in October 2018 to redo my wiring routing to hopefully cut down on the noise.

I am back at it again but I am wondering about the 280zx turbo dizzy wiring diagram we see on the internet from 20 years ago. Is this still the way to wire the distributor? If not, how should I wire it?

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/hardware/nissan-trigger-disc/

Wiring mine right now. wiring notes with correct colors are the bottom of this guide. This guide should help you if you're using an optical trigger disk. Are you using the dizzy for crank and cam signal? Things will be different if you have a crank sensor mounted to the crank pulley and getting signal from that or from a sensor reading off the flywheel like some people have done. 

Edited by Zetsaz

Oh, I forget... double check what year your distributor is. I think the '81 was slightly different from the '82-'83, but you'll have to search yourself what the exact differences are. Though I think the optical wheel makes the differences null. 

• 1 month later...