HybridZ

MS3X Sensor grounding and pin questions

Zetsaz

Hi all, hoping this is a better place to put these few questions than on my build thread.

Firstly, it's important to note that I got the v3.57 MS3X I have from a past member here along with his old chassis who moved on to a Porsche project. It was purchased new and never used, the harness was mostly done and for the most part has been really easy to start finishing with the bits of free time I have! I've double checked almost all of the pin outs at this point along with making sure that cables are going to the correct colors, and most everything seems totally normal. The only wires that aren't pinned right now are ones I would never have used and the past owner seems to have done a mostly great job on the harness.

There's one thing I'm concerned about though. On the main plug, the crank sensor ground and input should both be in the shielded wire correct? My issue is that the sensor ground in the shielded wire is supposed to be going to Pin #1 and it's pinned to 8 right now which is listed as a spare gnd. The crank sensor shield is also listed as Pin #2, but that just seems to be another ground wire on my harness that was routed out towards the sensors. The extra wire in the shielded cable that should be in Pn #2 on the hardware guide just seems to have been spliced into one of the chassis grounds. Will either of these things cause issues. Do I need to do a few repins?

My last hold up is the sensor grounds. They're all listed as going to the Black/White cable, I'm not entirely sure of the best practice for splicing them, but I can figure that out. My concern is that the black/white is supposed to be Pin #7 according to the hardware guide, but is pinned to #9 on my harness (another one listed as a spare gnd), and there's nothing in Pin #7.

Everyone can ignore this. The grounds are all functionally identical even though they're labeled differently. They're all tied together on the board and I confirmed this by checking continuity on different pins, and across spare ground and sensor ground wires with the harness connected to the ecu. I'm entirely overthinking this.... 

Edited by Zetsaz

• 2 months later...

So my build I used the relay board and did not wire directly to the DB37 main harness.  However, I actually had to separate the tach wire grounds (pin 1 and 2) from the sensor grounds on pin 17 or 18 cant remember which I used.  Reason being I was getting noise introduced into TPS sensor from the ground of the TACH. 

However, I was using the relay board and from that wiring diagram it did not route them to pin 1-2 but rather with all the sensors, causing issues. 

But yes the grounds all go back to the board, they just have different pins to use to separate low from high voltage proximity. 

wiring.jpg

Edited by gmorrone1214