HybridZ

Hiatus from Remote Tuning.

Chickenman

Just want to thank all of my past customers and current customers for their support. But I am taking an indefinite break from Remote Tuning.  It's turned out to be too successful, so much that I no longer have time for my own projects.  I haven't driven worked on my own 280Z in Ages, and I find I'm spending far too many hours staring at Computer screens.  So I'm going to take an extended break and enjoy life . Time to travel and enjoy my retirement. 

I'll be finishing off  Tunes and details with past and current customers. But I will not be taking on any new customers in the foreseeable future:. Thank you all for your support.

Richard Boyk 

Hello Chickenman,

I just ran across your post advertising remote tunes and thought, "That's just what I need for my new install!" Then I saw this post 🙁 If you change your mind... I have gotten my car to start but it dies once it gets up to temperature and any adjustment I make to fuel tables causes the car to die instantly even if the change is the smallest increment. It is running super rich and I can't seem to lean it out without the car dying. Again if you should change your mind, good tuners are hard to find😀

Finally got my 280Z sorted and took it out for an Initial 100 mile Road Tuning session. Went quite well. Ancient  Haltech E11 with none of the fancy Tuning aids is certainly a challenge to Tune. But I like a challenge.  Good and very powerful ECU... just very basic software. Raw Injector Timing tuning. No VE tables.. Slide Rule and abacus stuff... but it works. What you see is what you get. It's kind of like DOS compared to Windows XP.   New stuff is just so much easier... 

Now to enjoy some cruising on week ends. 

Edited by Chickenman

7 hours ago, Chickenman said:

Finally got my 280Z sorted and took it out for an Initial 100 mile Road Tuning session. Went quite well. Ancient  Haltech E11 with none of the fancy Tuning aids is certainly a challenge to Tune. But I like a challenge.  Good and very powerful ECU... just very basic software. Raw Injector Timing tuning. No VE tables.. Slide Rule and abacus stuff... but it works. What you see is what you get. It's kind of like DOS compared to Windows XP.   New stuff is just so much easier... 

Now to enjoy some cruising on week ends. 

Glad to hear your getting to enjoy your own stuff!!! I never had any dealings with you but always seen post bouncing back n forth of someone else you were helping out...enjoy!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to say, I haven't been on Hybrid in quire a while. I came back after being one of the originals (anyone remember the mailing list?), because I tried to update my turbo 240 from a TEC II to MS3 to take advantage of all the new stuff that the MS3 has to offer. So what did I learn so far?  I should have left well enough alone lol I had the TEC running very well. The MS3, can't even get it started!

This old guy either forgot way too much or has a lot to learn. Maybe both!

Just figured I'd post this here after searching for a while to give you guys some laughs 

Joe

• 4 months later...