HybridZ

Should i just trash an l28 or is it worth a few bucks

4.6lz

Like the title states, I'm not sure if the l28 i pulled from my car is actually worth anything or if i should just trash it. The head, intake and block are all stamped n42, turns freely no seizing up,  cylinder walls look clean no crazy gouges or discoloration.

20190514_103101.jpg

20190514_103036.jpg

20190514_103021.jpg

20190311_184634.jpg

It's worth some bucks.  Not a lot, but worth keeping.  Looks like a 75 or 76, with the non-webbed intake manifold that people like (even though they probably cause more heat soak problems).

Somebody would probably drive out there and give you $100 for it.  I saw a Tony D post over on zcar.com a short while ago.  He hoards, but it's not clear where he actually resides these days.

@Tony D

34 minutes ago, NewZed said:

It's worth some bucks.  Not a lot, but worth keeping.  Looks like a 75 or 76, with the non-webbed intake manifold that people like (even though they probably cause more heat soak problems).

Somebody would probably drive out there and give you $100 for it.  I saw a Tony D post over on zcar.com a short while ago.  He hoards, but it's not clear where he actually resides these days.

@Tony D

Thanks for the response. Cool, I got room for it in the garage so i guess I wont trash it then.

7 minutes ago, NewZed said:

The L28's are definitely worth keeping.  They are the easy power bolt-in power upgrade for 240Z's.  The L24's are the iffy ones. 

4.6, is that going to be a Ford swap?

Yup. Have a 98 cobra engine that im building for drag racing. I was thinking about starting a build thread because its going to be an extensive build since we're going to try and squeeze the 4.6 and a 91mm turbo in there.

20190127_164958.jpg

20190403_014352.jpg