HybridZ

RB series engine mounts

Guest Simon

Guest Rb30zX

thanks for the invo lets us know how much,i was going to start makeing custom mounts tomorrow but might wait tell i hear from you, is the sump of the nissan patrol?

Hey guys,

I'm making some mounts right now, 50% complete, so if you want some let me know. Since I'm making a few at the same time, I can cut my price down to $250 US plus shipping. If anyone is interested, email me. I have some pics of the engine with mounts listed in the gallery, or you can try these links:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=147

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=142

Thanks,

Rick

Infinity Machining

North Vancouver, BC Canada

• 4 years later...
I'm new to this forum, but I think I can be of assistance to any Aussies out there who want to do the RB Conversion into their Z. I am just finishing off my RB25 Conversion into a 240z. It is much easier than I am reading in this forum and alot easier than I thought it would be myself. Its like it was made for it. I used SR20 engine mounts, made a bracket to attatch to the block and the mount and presto, fits bloody great. The gearbox was the next mount I made. Which was easy too. Just did a u shape bracket and the stick fits up in the standard whole. The sump I am using is from an RB motor that has the sump bulg and the pick up at the rear(cant remember the model, ill let you know). It only needed minor mods to miss the rack but it fits great.

If there is anybody out there that wants me to make up some of these brackets, ie gearbox and engine, let me know. Ill have to work out a price.

The plenum is the next trick. I didnt want pipes snaking all over the engine bay, so I got a custom plenum made so the intakes on one side and the turbos on the other. This, once again looked like it was made for it. The cooler is a custom joby. Its the same size as what they use in the gtr just alot thicker.

Let me know if you have any questions.[/img]

hey mate, if these mounts work as well as u say they do ide be interested in buying a set of the engine mounts and transmition mount off u. where abouts in oz do u live? please pm me if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...
hey mate, if these mounts work as well as u say they do ide be interested in buying a set of the engine mounts and transmition mount off u. where abouts in oz do u live? please pm me if you are interested.

this thread is 4 years old... and he lives in Canada... woot

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cRAYz

ahaha I am another newb interested in these mounts or some like it!! Another bloke rekons SR mounts fit with little modifications! I can get SR mounts pretty easy I think...

Does anyone have any more information at all here?? What is the easiest way to mount the RB25 engine into a s30 (260z)

thanks

-Rayray