HybridZ

1971 Late Model Wiring Diagram (now with more colors)

I'm rewiring my Z and scraped this from the '71 "Supplement Chassis Manual".  I was having trouble chasing the black lines so I put this together.  Maybe someone can also use it.  But I'm mostly interested in having some other eyes on it to find my mistakes.  If you find any mistakes or missing wire joins (black dots with white center), please let me know and I will update.

1971_240Z_late_model_r02.pdf

Edited by LooseRocks
More update (5/23/19)

I think I already have the wiring diagram (found here: http://xenonzcar.com/s30/files/1971 FSM Supplement.pdf ).  I'm working from the '71 FSM Supplement.  It contains two wiring diagram.  The first is labeled "Basic Model" and the second one is labeled "Late Model".  The major differences appears to be the combo switch.  I'm sure there's some other minor stuff in there also.

I just want to make sure I'm starting with the correct diagram for my chassis so I can get a good understanding of what the starting point looks like.  I'm gutting the wiring in the car and re-purposing the switches.  It's going to be a complete rewire with a Leash board at the heart.  I'm going to confirm the switching with with a meter once I get going.  But if I have the correct diagram I can put together a more solid plan before I set sail.  I guess I could always just crack into to column and get in there and see what's what.   

You can get .pdf from here without having to download any weird pdf converter.

http://www.xenonzcar.com/s30/fsm.html

There shouldn't be a pdf converter needed on classiczcars either. They have full color wiring diagrams, which I thought you might be interested in. 

If you've noticed the combo switch plugs differ between the diagrams, wouldn't the most direct solution be comparing your combo switch plug to the diagram and getting your answer? Or is that part of the harness not intact anymore? 

I've converted the one labeled "Late Model" to a visio (pdf I posted above) so I can edit it.

Right now the engine is out of the hole and I'm participating in the time honored tradition of fixing the rust in the battery tray area.  I have hooked a power supply to it and tested that all of the switching function works.  Fortunately it's still all there.  I just haven't disassembled the steering column and dug into it with a meter. 

I know that somewhere in the middle of the Series II the switching function changed but have not been able to figure out when.  From the stuff on sale at ebay and fragments of information else where it was right around my build date.  Figured it would be an easy question for the masses.