HybridZ

S30 Fender differences

Hi all, I damaged the passenger fender on my low mileage 77 280z and am looking for a replacement. I am surprised how hard it is to find a good fender theses days. I remember when Z parts were plentiful. It it looks like those days have passed.

I have heard that 240z and 280z fenders are not identical. Can anyone explain what the differences are, even if they are subtle? 

Thank you,

John

• 1 month later...

starting with the 260Z there is a plastic inner fender that is attached and has some supports on the fender inner surface. Other than that, dimensionally and all the bolt holes are identical.

Just the earlier fenders don't have the provision for stabilising the outer edge of that plastic inner liner (keeps road spray off the back of the headlight bucket and philipps headed screws...)

6 hours ago, Tony D said:

starting with the 260Z there is a plastic inner fender that is attached and has some supports on the fender inner surface. Other than that, dimensionally and all the bolt holes are identical.

Just the earlier fenders don't have the provision for stabilising the outer edge of that plastic inner liner (keeps road spray off the back of the headlight bucket and philipps headed screws...)

Thanks Tony!  I ended up buying a lower patch and graphed it in to the damaged area on my perfect original fender. I could not find a high quality used fender.  

Edited by jgkurz