HybridZ
Bnapi

Need identification help!

Posted (edited)

Looking into purchasing a RB swapped 240sx. New to the Nissan scene & trying to determine the exact Model. The cars lowered & been sitting a while, no access to underside at the moment. Cannot find any serial or identification numbers. Looked in all the places other threads suggested. (Front left bottom under head & right above dipstick- no luck.) Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

20190520_101603.jpg

20190520_101610.jpg

Edited by Bnapi
Further elaboration that I have searched.

Background: Its been sitting in the lot of the machineshop I work at. All it needed was a cam sensor but at the time it was brought in, they were pricey & hard to find. 8 years later- last week my boss acquired the title. We've removed the turbo & other various parts to prevent theft. It is all there don't mind the photos. Depending on the model I'm going to purchase it tear it down, bore it out & boost it up. 

5 minutes ago, rturbo 930 said:

Looks like an RB25. Says 2500 right on the valve cover, and it also doesn't have any ITBs. If you're looking for ID on something else, be specific. 

Sorry, more specifically was trying to determine which variant of the 25. Like I said & as I'm sure you always hear, new to Nissan sorry again.

Too many aftermarket parts to determine if it was originally DE with a turbo kit, or DET. If I could find a serial number I can plug it into Alldata & get all the info I'm looking for, however all the threads I've seen with a description of the S/N's location doesnt show up on my block. 

Well within 5 mins of posting on another forum got 4 replies and my answer without any condescending retorts. This forum is apparently for elitists only so I'll see my way out. Feel free to delete, enjoy your tightknit egocentrical community & keep noob bashing. 

1 hour ago, Bnapi said:

Well within 5 mins of posting on another forum got 4 replies and my answer without any condescending retorts. This forum is apparently for elitists only so I'll see my way out. Feel free to delete, enjoy your tightknit egocentrical community & keep noob bashing. 

I'm the only person who responded here, so you must be referring to me. How was my response condescending? You didn't mention what you wanted identified, so I had to guess. Are you seriously that sensitive?

On 5/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, rturbo 930 said:

I'm the only person who responded here, so you must be referring to me. How was my response condescending? You didn't mention what you wanted identified, so I had to guess. Are you seriously that sensitive?

Ok bud, I was pretty verbatim when I said I was looking for a S/N; however you came in with a "looks like" answer irrelevant to my question- apparently boosting your self esteem rather than just helping me? But your right. I wasn't specific enough for here I guess.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, calZ said:

This is a Z forum, not a gathering of RB experts. Glad you found your answer. 

Well, this was also the 1st forum to come up when I queried Google. My mistake.

Posted (edited)

Note to all posters.

It is always the writers responsibility to clearly convey what he means.

It is never the readers responsibility to be a mind reader.

Leon has the right idea !

Edited by Miles
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 1:31 PM, Bnapi said:

Well within 5 mins of posting on another forum got 4 replies and my answer 

Here is the key moment when Bnapi made the choice between dbag and helpful, knowledgeable, cool new member.  He made the self-absorbed choice.

I'm going to guess that he's a young guy, newly fledged from his overprotective parents.  Just learning how to take care of himself.  Used to having his needs pandered to immediately.  I think that they call them millennials, in the media.  Kind of sad actually that the other forums have delayed his growth in to manhood.  

Good luck Bnapi.  Man up.

16 minutes ago, Neverdone said:

Please don't throw a huge age group of people under the bus just because some examples annoy you. The same can be said for every age group.

I was using the millenial label as a descriptor of behavior.  Not the age range.  Bnapi fits the description.  I  don't really know how old he is.  He could be 40 years old and has just left home.

We've kind of gone full circle though, because Bnapi labeled all of the Hybridz members, based on his interpretation of one single post.

1 hour ago, NewZed said:

Here is the key moment when Bnapi made the choice between dbag and helpful, knowledgeable, cool new member.  He made the self-absorbed choice.

I'm going to guess that he's a young guy, newly fledged from his overprotective parents.  Just learning how to take care of himself.  Used to having his needs pandered to immediately.  I think that they call them millennials, in the media.  Kind of sad actually that the other forums have delayed his growth in to manhood.  

Good luck Bnapi.  Man up.

Oh wow, nail on the head. 

12 hours ago, Miles said:

Note to all posters.

It is always the writers responsibility to clearly convey what he means.

It is never the readers responsibility to be a mind reader.

Leon has the right idea !

Once again was verbatim about looking for a S/N. How do you turn off post notifications for this forum?