HybridZ

New body kit

walkerbk

Will do. I have left for the year but my wife is going to get them and tape them in place for me so I can see myself. I'll share what she sends and once I get back (in a year) I'll give as much information as possible.

@Jboogsthethug yes I am. Currently holding over in an airport on my way to the middle east. 

Just called the company because I hadn't received anything other than an order confirmation. They were very nice and informed me that my order is currently scheduled to ship on Monday (10jun)

On 6/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, walkerbk said:

@Jboogsthethug yes I am. Currently holding over in an airport on my way to the middle east. 

Just called the company because I hadn't received anything other than an order confirmation. They were very nice and informed me that my order is currently scheduled to ship on Monday (10jun)

Well thank you for all the service you give our country, I'm grateful for everything you and the rest of the armed forces do out there. I think people forget how much they owe the military and what it really means to have freedom in our country. Thanks for doing the world's toughest job!

I guess keep me updated on how it goes and be safe in the middle east!

1 hour ago, seattlejester said:

I've heard stock rocket bunny stuff doesn't fit well either, so who knows. Looking forward to the pictures, stay safe!

Probably true, nothing fits all that great. I was just fitting a new air dam, fussing with getting it centered and equal, pulling measurements to the front of the frame. Then I realized that the front portions are welded different from the factory. There is approx 3/16" discrepancy. This wasn't straight when it was brand new. Gave me some perspective. 

So i was told that i would receive a shipping invoice via email on or around 01Jun19 and i didn't. I called them on or around 10Jun19 and they said it had already shipped and then provided me with the shipping information. not a big deal, as they did ship it on 1-3Jun19. Off the top of my head, i do not remember the name of the company that they shipped it through but it was not your ups/Fedex company (probably because of the size). the box arrived with no noticeable damage and they did an excellent job on packing (in my opinion). The parts were all wrapped in at least 4 layers of good bubble wrap (not the cheap thin stuff) and the parts had a little room to move within the box. My wife was going to check the fitment of the parts however she just had a death in the family so she is flying back to Texas for the next little while (and im out of the country for a while). It did take her like 30 minutes just to cut the bubble wrap off there was so much of it.

there was damage on the front bumper along the leading edge near the middle. There was a crack in the gel coat which went into the fiberglass but it should be an easy fix with a few layers of fiberglass on the back for reinforcement and then fixing the gel coat.

I'm hopping that she sends me some of the photos prior to leaving for Texas. If she does, ill post them.

If someone is interested in the fitment and is in the Seattle Washington area let me know and you can come check them out.

• 3 weeks later...

So my wife just test fitted the parts as best she could (6 months pregnant with a 2 year old running around) and took the following pictures. Now before saying they arent going to fit, i believe the part of the fender flare that "rolls in" in the back behind the tire is making direct contact with the metal not allowing for it to be fully seated. I believe that once the fender is cut away, the flares will fit properly. she is going to try the rear fender flares on later.

20190707_151039.jpg

20190707_151047.jpg

20190707_151052.jpg

20190707_151101.jpg

20190622_112629.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

walkerbk, thank you for your Service and thanks for the update (especially from the sandbox).  I think your wife deserves some kind of medal for unwrapping all that and doing the rough mockup for you!  😜

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, im back for a few weeks and wanted to give an update to the quality of the kit.

So far, everything seems to fit better than expected. I am working front to back and was able to get the front air dam mounted, and the two front fenders mounted. The front bumper does not line up perfectly but will not take any modifications (maybe a little sanding) to make fit (just the dimples for the screws don’t line up perfectly). I believe I mentioned in a prior post that the front bumper was cracked; there is a small hairline crack along the leading edge which is going to take a little reinforcing from the back side and then just clean up the gel coat. The worst part so far looks like when they trimmed the fenders, they did not get them perfectly straight and is going to take mounting them, marking areas to trim and then taking them back off to be trimmed. Over all again, for the price, I am very happy so far with what I got. It should also be reiterated that my car is a 2+2 so the rear fenders are going to take me a while to get mounted and I’m going this while on R&R and will be headed back to Afghanistan here shortly (another 5 months). Let me know if you have any questions. BTW, Im mounting them with SS ¼-20 nut inserts with SS button head cap screws to match.

20191227_104512.jpg

20191227_104504.jpg

20191227_104456.jpg

20191227_104448.jpg

20191227_104536.jpg

20191227_104522.jpg

20191227_104527.jpg