HybridZ

JPN Garage Style Flares: Fiberglass Mafia

Hey all,

After JPN garage went down I've had a hard time finding vendors for this style of flare, I just wanted to start a quick thread documenting some locations if anyone knows who else might sell them. Also, does anyone have info on Fiberglass Mafia? I haven't heard of them before but their pics look good. 

http://www.fiberglassmafia.com/store/p11/S30Zspeed.html

I'm currently installing the Z Speed Flares from Fiberglass Mafia on my car.  I wound up not liking the style as much as I thought I would and made a custom set by cutting up 2 sets of their flares.  Still working on it, but it's getting close...

RoxZ.jpg

1 minute ago, Jboogsthethug said:

https://ezsplitters.com/product/datsun-s30-240z-260z-280z-z-speed-widebody-fender-flares/ Here is another brand selling them for $50 cheaper, they also have the exact same product images ha.

I'd be very careful with this site.  I know the guy that owns the Z in the images and he bought his flares from Fiberglass Mafia...

16 minutes ago, Bartman said:

I'd be very careful with this site.  I know the guy that owns the Z in the images and he bought his flares from Fiberglass Mafia...

interesting! I am curious if Fiberglass Mafia is JPN Garage rebranded? I am also curious is EZ Splitters is part of that umbrella. Does your friend like the fitment? 

1 minute ago, Jboogsthethug said:

interesting! I am curious if Fiberglass Mafia is JPN Garage rebranded? I am also curious is EZ Splitters is part of that umbrella. Does your friend like the fitment? 

Not sure about the rebranding issue, but from my experience fitment isn't the best.  The guy that owns the brown Z  had a body shop do his install and I seem to recall him telling me that it took alot of work to make them work. 

I haven't used anyone else's flares so i can't compare, but maybe it's common to need a lot of work to make flares fit well on our beloved older Z's? 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, Bartman said:

Not sure about the rebranding issue, but from my experience fitment isn't the best.  The guy that owns the brown Z  had a body shop do his install and I seem to recall him telling me that it took alot of work to make them work. 

I haven't used anyone else's flares so i can't compare, but maybe it's common to need a lot of work to make flares fit well on our beloved older Z's? 

hmm interesting. I bought some wide ZG flares (The standard flares, but wider) off of ebay a while back and fit them to my Z myself just by laying them on, no fitment issues. Maybe the key word here might be *Perfectly* fitting haha.