HybridZ

MC upgrade 72 240z

hey guys. i was a member for years a long time ago but forgot my password and don't even think i can get mail at AOL anymore. i finally had some money and bought a really nice 240z and had it shipped to VA from Nevada. i DO remember how insistent everyone here is on searching and reading before posting and i assure you i have. i upgraded my brakes to the T3 Wilwood kit and bought a 15/16 MC based on what i learned through reading. i also bought the H shaped push rod measuring tool. me and my friend (a car guy but with american muscle knowledge) swapped the MC last sunday. the original MC had the diamond shaped spacer between it and the booster. the part that goes into the booster measured 9/16" with the spacer on. the ZX MC measures 9/16" without the spacer so i did not put the spacer on. once i got home and started looking at pictures and reading more i started to doubt my choice, so i wanted to post here and see if anyone could offer any insight. thank you in advance

20190611_125330.jpg

20190611_125429.jpg

20190611_130009.jpg

20190611_130059.jpg

As far as I can see Nissan put the spacer there because of the MC they decided to use,  your new MC doesn't need the spacer. What's important is the proper setup and length of the brake booster push rod,  you could try it both ways, it won't take 10 min. to switch over.