HybridZ

T3 Rear LCA's with CV conversion

20190615_184103.thumb.jpg.e9acbc89eb0ce6b22dfbca616ecc12d6.jpg

I finally got around to installing the upgraded WHP 39 spline stub axles with the zxt inner hubs. When I initially installed the axles they were too long (or the rlcas were too short) to get the coilovers to line back up in the strut towers. The picture above is how far I had to adjust them out to get everything to fit. 

Right now the axle is horizontal but the ride height needs to come down another 1" at least. That should help get the axles above horizontal at the hub and help with binding but I still think it'll be close. 

Can anyone chime in about your rlca measurements (i don't have the stock ones to measure) or see if the above looks about right? 

More pictures to get an idea of current camber and height:

20190615_184036.thumb.jpg.6d06a4ed1c3788feab08ed7da0146646.jpg

20190615_183949.jpg

Edited by SH4DY

Well, after talking with WHP their kit does require shortened axles even though the site doesn't specifically say they are required when using their CV conversion flange. 

I'm going to try and shorten them myself (cutting in the c clip groove further down the splined portion as outlined on this site) - I'm sick of throwing money at these damn axles. If I can get them at least a 1/2" shorter I can increase the track with the RLCA's and should be fine. 

I'll report back. 

Edited by SH4DY
  • Like 1

Stock LCA is 14.5" IIRC. Pretty sure on that. On mine I made the control arms 15" long, left the axles stock, and I have my camber plate tops flipped around to reduce neg camber in back. I had pretty stupid amounts of neg camber with the ride height that I have.