HybridZ

Any idea what this transmission is?

I have a 78Z and was looking for a 5 speed transmission, I found a guy that had one and bought it. It had 280Z written on it with a paint pen.  Well I got it home and spent hours scrubbing and cleaning it and finally got around to installing it. I don't have a lift so I was on the ground cussing and fussing. My son offered to lend a hand and we had it within a half inch of home and he said "Dad, none of the bolt holes are lining up over here. I had noticed the same thing on my side so we pulled it back off and walked off the pain.

I have a Borg T5 from a '82 ZXT, a stock '78 four speed from my car and this unidentified 5 speed from Charlotte, NC.  I'll let the picture speak for itself. 

Any idea what the one on the right is? The clutch disk fits the input shaft, my 280z driveshaft fits the back side but that bell housing is NOT a Z or ZX. 

I can't even resell it because I have no idea what it is. 

Any help would be appreciated 

F5C28CBE-9FE7-4936-9A3D-BD6A47564A9F.jpeg

Edited by D9inger

Kind of looks like a VG30 pattern except for a missing hole or two.  This is from the 1995 Pathfinder 71C transmission.  They look about right along the top.  Clutch and fly wheels interchange to a certain extent from VG to the L series engines. 

image.thumb.png.2dce204beabe3404268539269ff1d675.png

12 hours ago, ZHoob2004 said:

KA24DE?

If so, there are a few people around that can cut and weld the front case with an auto L series case and make it fit.

It looks like it, Thank You.

so Google says it's a 240SX transmission?