HybridZ

5 speed wanted for 75 280 2+2

You might have better luck asking stock zcar questions on www.classiczcars.com. That forum is geared more towards stock cars.

Why not purchase a used one and have it rebuilt?  Better yet, rebuild it yourself. I know there is at least one rebuild documented on this site.

Most of us on HZ would look for a more modern upgrade that can handle additional power.  And on that note, a 240sx gearbox is an easy upgrade.  I went with a z32 gearbox but that requires an adapter plate and machining of the bell housing. 350z, CD09 6 spd is a great one too and you can still buy the kits.

Edited by rossman
2 hours ago, rossman said:

You might have better luck asking stock zcar questions on www.classiczcars.com. That forum is geared more towards stock cars.

Why not purchase a used one and have it rebuilt?  Better yet, rebuild it yourself. I know there is at least one rebuild documented on this site.

Most of us on HZ would look for a more modern upgrade that can handle additional power.  And on that note, a 240sx gearbox is an easy upgrade.  I went with a z32 gearbox but that requires an adapter plate and machining of the bell housing. 350z, CD09 6 spd is a great one too and you can still buy the kits.

Thanks Rossman.  Yeah I have been active on the other other z car forums and I posted this and someone tried to scam me.  I've never rebuilt a trans but I did rebuild my engine so might give it a go.  Thanks for your suggestions.  

• 5 months later...

I rebuild these as I have cores available.Hard Parts and needed Items are drying up and make this a more pricey trany to go thru now.

I can take 3-4 cores to make a good unit. My units are used in restorations as they look as new when finished .Not painted.

Steve

contacts thru < stevenehlers77@gmail.com >