HybridZ

so you wanna swap an rb eng? here ya go

stony

It has to be the rear half of the 2 part drive shaft from a r33 gts-t with the rb25 the same car also has teh 5 speed tranny. it also HAS to be Z31 rb20 eng mounts. and everything bolts in. just the tranny mount had to be fabricated. I would not attempt this unless you have a friend in japan that can verify parts you are getting.

BTW when i posted this back in 2002 that was the only option unless you made everything yourself. there are now a few other options that would be less risky and probably be cheaper when you factor in shipping

• 2 months later...

Haven't heard of anyone doing the touch screen yet. And there are a couple kits out there. Castlemine rod shop makes one. Mckinney motorsports and maybe one other.

Use teh search function in the RB section it is very helpful:mrgreen:

3 ways

on here i have seen people sell them.

find a Nissan dealer and the correct part number to order

or go to japan or have someone in japan order them for you or get them from a junkyard in japan. Here are some keywords to assist in your search.

rb20 z31 200zr japan engine mounts

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea if the 280zx 2-Seater driveshaft fits nicely?

I measured from the engine mounts to the end of the transmission, and they seem to be about the same length give or take less than 10mm...

Will be finding out for myself here in a few weeks >.<

• 3 weeks later...
Hey new to the site i was wondering with a stock 300zx swaping in a rb26dett what would be the total cost with breaks suspension and all.. looking for the car to be a daily driver till it dosent want to be.

Depends on where you get all your components from.

It also depends if you put the motor in yourself.

For the 26, easily looking at 10k+

I have a 20, and i've already spend about 3k, including the motor, but the 20 pretty much drops right in to the 280zx.

Hey new to the site i was wondering with a stock 300zx swaping in a rb26dett what would be the total cost with breaks suspension and all.. looking for the car to be a daily driver till it dosent want to be.

Please read the forums rules on punctuation, post etiquette, and using the HybridZ Search function.

All of your questions have been answered previously, numerous times, and in much more readable detail.

People here are not going to pull out their bank book and total up everything for you so that you get a better idea of how much to save.

"breaks suspension and all" is non-descriptive, and there's much more to building a car than just coming into a forum and asking for people to give you a total.

Basically, if you don't know. Read & Search.

The Real Answer: It will cost you more than 8000 for an good RB26, good brakes, and good suspsension.