HybridZ

so you wanna swap an rb eng? here ya go

stony

• 1 month later...

BTW - with regards to the 2JZ swap - there's a single turbo CAST manifold that's MUCH cheaper than the tubular ones. Supposedly it won't flow as much but if you're not looking to make 800RWHP it probably would work well. Dunno if it would fit but it's certainly worth a shot. Also - Greddy makes a T78 turbo kit that I'm considering - could be as cheap as $3k if I'm lucky. We'll see ;) Talking to a guy now local who has one and says that turbo, while big, works great with a stick. Should make 500RWHP on pump gas I think:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Stony's car is right hand drive rite? so i was wondering if there are any mods you would need to do to fit the rb26 in a left hand drive car. would you have to relocate the turbo?

• 4 months later...

What, its not like your the ONLY guy out there... twak.gif

Well, just you and Cuong. And a few of us in process.

BTW I now understand what you had to do to the tranny mount. When I was test fitting the T5, it made sense how it would not fit through. With some of the things I am considering now, that really doesn't matter anymore.

Still looking for a engine management I like. Mainly one that can deal with the MAF's. Most of the systems on the market are speed density, like your SDS. 6 on one hand, half a dozen on the other. Don't know what this whole 6 finger thing is....

-Bob

Guest Anonymous

In the first post you said something like the RB25 is just a bolt up with the z31 mounts. so no fabbing. Or was that in relation to something else? Anyways Does anyone know if/or/any engine mounts that can be used to put an RB30 block into a 260z?

RB25 block bolts up to the rb20 Z31 oil pan and oil pickup with no alterations. the rb30 block is the same as all rbs and you can use the Z31 rb20 engine mounts. but since the rb30 is taller differnt mounts would more then likely be needed since the rb 26 barely clears the hood itself

Guest Anonymous

does anyone know if it will bolt right onto a rb30 block tho? and if not does the rb30 sump even have to be changed?

and as for the hight, id rather mod the bonnet then fab new engine mounts tongue.gif

suppose tho lower engine = better weight distro and ballance

Guest Anonymous

A Z31 I take it you are talking about an early model 300zx.. In Australia I think they came out here with a 3ltr v6. But it wont be too much trouble to get some sent from Japan.

Guest cturbo28

Well, yes I am another person who wants to do this RB26DETT swap. I thought you guys would be interested in this. I am going to try to keep this swap under 5000.00 I hope.

I have located a JDM engine importer that will sell everything except intercooler for 4000+ shipping.

RB26DETT engine/harness/turbos/5 speed 2wd trans/converted oil pan.

Maybe this is true but my buddy lives close and he is going to confirm what I would actually get.

www.gspeedcorp.com

If anyone has heard anything good or bad about these guys let me know.

I also heard that you could use Z32 egine mount without ant mods????

Wow, never new a 200zr existed until now

Anyone know a parts number for that oil sump and pick up?

I'm guessing the local Nissan dealer has never heard of a z31 200zr and will probably order me a skyline's rb20det oil sump and pick up