HybridZ

1971 240z ITB install

DuffyMahoney

Well I have decided on ITB for my 240z build.  My triple Mikuni 44s sound cool, but the smell of gas in my garage is driving me nuts.  My HVAC unit is right next to my car in my garage and the fumes seem to move into the whole house.  I also think the mikuni 44s are a bit much for a stock 2.4L, and I never dialed them in perfectly.  

I bought the jenvy 45s, injectors etc.. from Datsun Spirit.  I will probably do a haltech elite 750 ecu.  I got a hoke trigger kit for my stock 240z pulley and will do some sort of cam sensor from the dizzy spot.  Goal is to look basically period but be EFI.  I will re use my SK intake.  

65284356_2389242848025665_1321585189116867854_n.jpg

If you are making a new bracket from scratch....  from experience a bracket which attaches to the valve cover is kind of annoying. Pending how often you remove your valve cover...  if you can work around it maybe try something else? I used the two holes which mount just below the head. One is used for the heater hose mount.

1 hour ago, HuD 91gt said:

If you are making a new bracket from scratch....  from experience a bracket which attaches to the valve cover is kind of annoying. Pending how often you remove your valve cover...  if you can work around it maybe try something else? I used the two holes which mount just below the head. One is used for the heater hose mount.

Definitely not from scratch. All the hard work is done. The Blake bracket would already work if I could live with some of the things about it. 

17 hours ago, DuffyMahoney said:

Well I have decided on ITB for my 240z build.  My triple Mikuni 44s sound cool, but the smell of gas in my garage is driving me nuts.  My HVAC unit is right next to my car in my garage and the fumes seem to move into the whole house.  I also think the mikuni 44s are a bit much for a stock 2.4L, and I never dialed them in perfectly.  

I bought the jenvy 45s, injectors etc.. from Datsun Spirit.  I will probably do a haltech elite 750 ecu.  I got a hoke trigger kit for my stock 240z pulley and will do some sort of cam sensor from the dizzy spot.  Goal is to look basically period but be EFI.  I will re use my SK intake.  

65284356_2389242848025665_1321585189116867854_n.jpg

The gas smell drove me to EFI also. It worked well for me to shut the fuel off a couple of blocks from the house and empty the float bowls that way, but EFI is a better solution. Love those Jenveys

I'm running the Hoke kit (mine came with a 36-1 wheel) but yes, the ECU can get by with just that for input! Cam sensors are useful if you wanted to do truly sequential fire, but I think that's overkill in most "normal" applications. 

Kit looks awesome, excited to have more ITB cars in the world! 

Yes I am. Works pretty well, I was running into an issue with the LS2 coils not being hot enough, but switching to a Pertronix style seemed to have sorted it out. I think the 350z coils are super robust, so you should be all set! 

That bracket is amazing looking, kudos on some trick CAD work!

21 hours ago, Ben280 said:

Yes I am. Works pretty well, I was running into an issue with the LS2 coils not being hot enough, but switching to a Pertronix style seemed to have sorted it out. I think the 350z coils are super robust, so you should be all set! 

That bracket is amazing looking, kudos on some trick CAD work!

Hard to imagine that’s Pertronix out performed LS2 coils 

On 8/15/2019 at 9:39 AM, madkaw said:

Hard to imagine that’s Pertronix out performed LS2 coils 

Sorry, mis-spoke! I was using the LS1 coil packs, and upgraded to the Pertronix Flame-Thrower version (more voltage and better performance at high RPM), which outperforms the factory LS2 and is on par with the spiffy aftermarket LS2 replacements. 

On 8/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, DuffyMahoney said:

Definitely not from scratch. All the hard work is done. The Blake bracket would already work if I could live with some of the things about it. 

As someone who already has the Blake bracket what were the things that bothered you?  I haven't moved forward with purchasing the Ford coils yet so using the 350z coils instead would be appealing to me.