HybridZ

1971 240z ITB install

DuffyMahoney

1 hour ago, Derek said:

So that valve has an adjustable bleed? Is that what I'm looking at?

Pretty neat feature. I will try to set warmed idle at butterfly’s and at the ITB air bypass screws. Hopefully i can leave the IAC adjustable bleed closed   

Edited by DuffyMahoney

That’s fine but not how it was originally used. Having it open some just gives it more ability to actually give you a constant idle. The way you are going to use it You need to set it up with the motor at is lowest possible load,  fully charged battery no accessories on, oil full temp, etc so it will never idle higher than when you set it. If you set it up at 20% duty cycle then it can always give your target idle under all conditions. What Ecu are you running? 

Well it runs, but terrible.  I have a massive vac leak, either from my balance bar not sealing or maybe a throttle body wasn't bolted down correctly, I had issues with one not seating well.  Even with throttle plates in the fully closed position it runs happily at 900 rpms. So it's getting a ton of air from somewhere.  

10 hours ago, DuffyMahoney said:

Well it runs, but terrible.  I have a massive vac leak, either from my balance bar not sealing or maybe a throttle body wasn't bolted down correctly, I had issues with one not seating well.  Even with throttle plates in the fully closed position it runs happily at 900 rpms. So it's getting a ton of air from somewhere.  

Lots of anxiety on that initial start up ! I was worried when I fired off my 3.2 , but it ran great - I call that luck -lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...