Jump to content
HybridZ

Recommended Posts

@DuffyMahoneyHow are your injectors wired into the ECU? If i'm not mistaken there are only 4 injector drivers on the haltech board. Are you running 2 batches of 3 injectors? I seem to remember from a few pages back you got a CAS dizzy piece so you'd have a cam signal heading to the ECU for a more sequential system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ben280 said:

@DuffyMahoneyHow are your injectors wired into the ECU? If i'm not mistaken there are only 4 injector drivers on the haltech board. Are you running 2 batches of 3 injectors? I seem to remember from a few pages back you got a CAS dizzy piece so you'd have a cam signal heading to the ECU for a more sequential system.

My elite 750 has 6 drivers. Wired directly. 
 

Spark plugs are definitely fouled. 

F5B80C9C-83E8-4C26-A7A6-4487F5B82323.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tioga has been helping me a lot!  I think I have a better handle on the haltech software, which is very complicated.  

 

A few things we have found/ learned  

 

I was using stock plugs, which I switched in at some point.  I upgraded to plugs with resistors (BPR6ES)

 

I was attempting to use throttle % for maps, but no map existed.  All were map.  So I don't know what the ecu was even doing or deciding what do to.  Tioga gave me some helpful maps to use as a base for throttle % based tune. 

 

I figured out how to turn data logging on.  

 

I am kind of hopeful that the spark plug without resistors could be my issue.  Causing feedback all across my ecu and wiring, and causing the injectors to drop or misfire.  Gosh that would be a easy fix and dumb of me to miss that.  

 

Thanks again Tioga! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well injectors are back and I have efi spark plugs. 
 

I spent a while tuning this weekend and with Tioga’s help I think I finally found one of my major problems.  The tps was set at its highest sensitivity. It would bounce from .34-.49. Thus causing the ecu to think it needs to apply timing and fuel and making it run terrible. I turned it to the lowest and it’s rock solid at 0% and .01 of a voltage change. 
 

Haltech is a nice system. But wow is there a lot of settings. 
 

If anyone needs Z car help. I would recommend Tioga with Automotive Solutions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was causing the acceleration enrichment to constantly be applied. Timing would not have changed for that small amount of throttle change. The acceleration enrichment would explain why the main fuel table changes were not effective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’m probably a idiot. But I decided to swap my Jenvey throttles bodies out for something a little more vintage/ classic. 

These are late 70s early 80s SK throttle bodies. They are 47mm that taper to 45. I picked them up off yahoo japan. They have a nice vac balance port on them. I bought two sets off a single seller. 

Now time to fabricate a single piece fuel rail and find a tps sensor that works. They should match my SK intake nicely. The old SK stuff is so nicely cast. I’m excited!

13A33ACD-6398-45DC-8C66-DAD827555A3C.jpeg

ED76DF80-6753-44FE-9915-EF29A242AF1C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 3.1ish stroker build ran into a small issue. The block will need to be clearanced a little more. The extra long stroked LD crank (84.6) is to blame. 

The engine can be rotated, and it just barely touches about one time out of three. That’s just the .002” of bearing clearance rocking one way or another.

Deck height is within .002” of each other. 

Andrew Kazanis is a L series wizard. Hopefully when he retires he will build Datsun motors and especially do more head work.

432E3591-BCA1-4C95-A809-45D1370A46B4.jpeg

05470375-81A1-4B3B-ACD8-A6E1A62D8442.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebello pistons just got back from ceramic coating by Performance Coatings, Inc. No clue if it was a good idea or not. But we decided to give it a try. 

Ceramic on top, anti scuff on sides, thermal barrier on bottom.

The color is more of a bronze then the picture is showing.

CB9FAB1E-6870-4657-B31B-DC86030856A2.jpeg

3674859B-0F0E-4A78-B077-CB7E8701D0B9.jpeg

CEF9841C-F7B6-4CDF-93BB-A7CE86F8A588.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...