HybridZ

Master cylinder rebuild problem

I have a 240Z built 2/71 which means the hard to find old style MC with the front brake reservoir is toward the front of the Z. I decided to rebuild rather than buy the  9/71 and later version and have to reroute the hard lines. After bleeding the MC,when I bleed the brakes fluid moves from the front reservoir goes to the rear reservoir which then overflows. As far as I ca n tell I replaced all the rubber collars facing the correct direction in the MC. Any idea where I went wrong,other than not buying a new MC?

Thanks for any help.

By the way I am not a newbie, forgot my password, changed email provider, cannot use old user id.

duff

Edited by RDuff
Not a new user

Where did you get your rebuild kit from?  Only reason I ask is because I had a similar experience recently with a rebuild kit from ZCarDepot.  The seals provided for the main shaft would not seal properly and I was never able to get the rebuilt MC working properly.  Ended up buying a reman unit from Cardone for about the same price as the seal rebuild kit cost.

This is not intended to slam ZCarDepot; because it appears that they are just a distributor for the kits (which are produced in the UK, IIRC).