HybridZ

Front Wheel Speed Sensor kit

I'd like to have a discussion with the engineer at T3. I got my hubs in, printed up an adjusted adapter, and went to test fit. Turns out despite using the stock 300zx rotor bolt pattern, they decided it made sense to use M12 bolts rather than the stock M10. Had they used M10, proven brake swaps like the S12W calipers and 300zx rotors would work great. I'm sure they had their reasons, but man does it seem short-sighted from my end. 

Tone ring placement is going to change a tiny bit, since the allen head screws are a bit long and sit proud of the adapter, fouling on the back of the wheel studs. I went thicker on the adapter this time so I could countersink the screws, but if you're using the adapter over the top of 300ZX style rotors the measurement in the drawing I posted before would work great.

For the sensor, there should be plenty of room in the space between the strut and forward-most caliper ear, as well as all along the forward edge of the spindle. I'm hoping I can integrate a mount for it into the caliper adapter. If that doesn't work, I'll use the dust shield holes tapped all the way through to bolt it on. 

Bonus shot of the slip over rotor brake setup I'm working on. 

20191231_164956.jpg

20191231_165344.jpg

20191231_164947.jpg

20191231_165154.jpg

Edited by calZ

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dadzsun said:

Looking good! There's not a lot of room to get a ring & sensor in there.

I'm working on a solution myself as part of a larger package planned for market later this year. I'll be beating on it with Solo2/drift throughout the summer.

What's all part of the package? 

5 hours ago, ZT-R said:

why does my damn hub pattern have to be different, damnit.

Eh, the part is going to be custom and pretty simple anyway. You'd just have to get yours with a 5x3.88" pattern instead of the 5x103mm