HybridZ

Reverse lights with a T56?

That Sikky part looks like it would fit if I put it on before the trans was in the car. Now it looks a really tight, but very tempting to try it. Of course, the next is option is as the man from Idaho says, a switch in the dashboard or center console. Ofcourse, the switch is crazy easier too, since at this time my wire to the reverse lights is inside the cabin. 

I used a 90deg switch that came on the 2001(that gen)  Mustang GT. Got from Rockauto or Amazon to get best price. Has worked perfect for 8 years.

from this thread. Part number in that thread.

Edited by Aero Z

JCI developed their components on my 280Z.  The 280Z tunnel is larger than the 240Z but the solution can be the same.  Since the tunnel will be covered by the console and carpet use a ball peen hammer and dent the tunnel out where the reverse switch goes.  They had to push mine out maybe 1/8" to clear ok.  Yours will be a bit more.  I've had no issues since the original install in early 2003.