HybridZ

E85 conversion

280zilla

Hello guys i am currently in the fuel phase of my build. Along the way ive bought some vibrant 6an pfte rated fuel line 20 ft, some 6an connectors to be able to connect it all. Im going to be putting a rear sump in the gas tank and run the return and feed from there. ISR fuel pressure regulator and z32 fuel filter. My concern is with the stock tank. Does it have to be prepped or modified to be able to hold e85? I really would not want to get a fuel cell made as i like the original look. Btw im also running a walbro 255 in line fuel pump. Thnx in advance for the input

I don't have a lot of experience running E85, however from what I've researched it has the tendency to absorb moisture from air after a period of time if the gas tank is left vented to atmosphere. This can cause some issues with corrosion in various areas of the fuel system in this case it could cause rust to form in the tank. I wouldn't be terribly concerned with it as long as the E85 isn't left in the tank unused for extended periods of time. I would also look at replacing the vent and fuel filler hose to an Ethanol compatible material.

As for the Walbro 255, depending on the power goals of the car you might find that it wont provide enough flow due to needing 30% more fuel with Ethanol in comparison to Gasoline. It may be something to take a look at.