HybridZ

L28 turbo swap where to mount AFM

gvincent

When I had such a thing, I didn't "mount" it. It just had to be hung as part of my cold air intake. I didn't have an intercooler at that time so that made it a little easier.

I feel you, the logistics are tough.

You may not want to hear this but your best option will probably be: don't use an AFM.

well don't have the money to go with a different ECU. I think either mount it through Radiator support in front of radiator ,intercooler, condenser or cut fender well and fab a shelf maybe. I know there are pictures around but the search is not working keep getting server error message.

Do you have the engine running currently (or have you had it running)? (I know it won't run without the AFM... my question is have you either verified the engine runs well with the ECCS harness that you have (perhaps by mocking it up on a temporary basis)… ) Obviously it's yours to do what you will, but I would caution against cutting anything up to make a permanent AFM mount if you haven't thoroughly tested your ECCS system and you are satisfied with it's operation.

I purchased a 280z back in 2007 that had the AFM mounted in front of the radiator.  It worked reasonably well.  The setup was prone to knock @ only 5 psi of boost but I believe that was caused by the lack of an intercooler and the crappy old school turbo. I considered running water/meth injection until I figured out that I was going to be severely restricted by the stock fuel injection system.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jpC3ZFQfBXYC3DgT9

Edited by rossman