HybridZ

Negative Camber Roll Ceter Adjusters (NCRCA)

Hey guys,

Looking for any feedback you might have on T3's NCRCA.

I was already planing for bump steer spaces so it seems like these could be a beneficial upgrade to a lowered S30.

I can find anybody reporting first had experience using them with results.

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/260z/negative-camber-roll-center-adjusters-240z-260z-and-280z

I've been using them for about a year now, and have been pretty happy with them.  They improved the LCA geometry on my lowered suspension; increased my neg camber (by about a degree IIRC); and increased front track width by about 2" total.  The only major downside I see with them is that they can induce interference between the steering arms and the wheels with rim diameter 15" or less.  I would definitely buy them again.

Thanks JHM, I figured I'd hear from you! That is the feedback I was looking for. I am 2" lower so every degree of camber I can get back is a plus. Also the track I frequent has a noticeable hump on turn 14 right on the apex. I never had a problem with it in my other cars but the S30 does not like it. 

I was wondering though if the increase of track width created more understeer without correcting the back.  

I run 1" adapter/spacers on the rear to increase rear track width.  I also have improved my front caster with adjustable TC rods, so the car turns fairly neutral.

What size wheels and tires are you running?

Increasing track width increases grip on that end of the car, so widening the front end should help with understeer. I suspect your problem with the hump is bumpsteer. I had a similar issue with a hump right on the exit of a corner. My Z would do an emergency lane change kind of maneuver as a result of the bumpsteer (running really low with 3/4" bumpsteer spacer, but no other bumpsteer mods at that time). I fixed the bumpsteer by slotting the front crossmember and moving the lower control arm pivots up about 7/16".

One issue that might arise with an offset spacer is ball joint wear. You're increasing the leverage on the ball joint. Not sure if it's a big problem or a minor one, but theoretically should be different than stock.

JHM, 

I am running 16X8s with 245 rubber at both ends, pretty mild. I will keep spacers in mind for the rear.

JMortensen,

I should know that.. duh, thanks for fixing my idiot brain. I am not terribly worried about additional wear as the car is trailered to the track and back home and two drivers with the local Z club each year. I was originally looking at normal bump steer spacers and figured why not get some more camber. 

I am also looking at Apex and T3 adjustable front end units. 

Yep, increased track width will generally improve cornering traction overall.  Another thing to keep in mind is that many techniques to widen the track will decrease the effective spring rate (due to the longer moment arm acting on the spring).