HybridZ

Anyone ordered from RetroSpec recently?

jjslade

I know their warehouse had a huge fire and burned a lot of their equipment down. Not sure if they ever got it back up and running. That fire was a while ago in May.

They haven't posted anything on their facebook page since June.

If you havn't given them any more for anything, you might want to try a different option.

Lots of discussion on FB on this exact topic.  IMHO, Paulo was a victim of his own success.  He's a small one-man show, and got way behind on orders over the last year or two; and then had the misfortune of a major fire in his facilities (as mentioned above).

It will be quite a while, if ever, if he gets business back on track.

I know of a few people that have ordered from RHDJapan recently, and have been very happy:  https://www.rhdjapan.com/

BHJ is running the business side for them so they can focus on making parts and catching back up. They promise RetroSpec parts with actual professionalism in terms of ordering and updates. You might be able to go through them to get an update. 

So many businesses kill themselves this way.  They don't want to spend the money to hire people to take orders and get products out on time, and act as if delivery time is irrelevant.  Customers will only tolerate horrendous service for so long, no matter how good the product is.

I ordered from RetroSpec a bit over a year ago, which I know won't help you.  Items took much longer than expected to arrive even back then.  I was pretty happy with them once I did get them, however.

Edited by Ironhead