HybridZ

Fell down a Rabbit hole of mods to a good running car.

tioga

Made some more progress on the exhaust today. Some of my welds started to look better. Some did not. Should be finished this weekend for sure.  What kind of welding table do people use when the exhaust sticks out 4’ One direction and 2.5’ perpendicular to that? I suppose they can weld pretty at any angle standing on their head. I can’t.

I did do all my welds today without dipping my tungsten in the weld and that was nice. 

C9A6F299-A762-497D-A223-2C89E0F4ACE2.thumb.jpeg.948927e81c83233e400944006e65889f.jpeg

B55EEEF8-70CD-413F-BCDB-F2B2E9B049CB.thumb.jpeg.3f6d913cbc4c34db516d5e4bacb98752.jpeg

On 12/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, tioga said:

What kind of welding table do people use when the exhaust sticks out 4’ One direction and 2.5’ perpendicular to that?

No direct experience, but I remember seeing a guy build a welding table that had removable slats for just that. The table top was just rectangular tubing slats with a few inches gap between each of them, then they could be unbolted and removed to allow bends to hang through the table while welding.

I need to find myself a can of solar flux. Doing an exhaust really eats up the argon when pack purging.    When i welded my exhaust I hung it with ratchet straps. It wasn’t the best setup, but you could rest some weight in the exhaust when welding. I like your exhaust clamp!

Edited by HuD 91gt