HybridZ

Fuel line routing

LooseRocks

I ran 3/8” lines through the tunnel using the stock mounting (Rubber froze then drilled).     The return line crossed over just before the engine bay. The feed runs on the cold side.     If your redoing then, running straight lines alongside the frame rails seems like the best route.

Edited by HuD 91gt

1 hour ago, Exposed said:

i ran my lines near the top of the trans tunnel then routed them to the "cold" side of the engine. When I redo them again Ill probably build a heat sheild with a bulkhead connector

Did you cross over to the cold side in the tunnel?  Or did you come out of the tunnel where the OEM ones come out and then routed them over.

I'm in the process of installing new hard lines from the back to the front.  The plan is to use the OEM brackets with new lines (enlarge the rubber mounts).  I was thinking I would pop out of the tunnel where the OEM lines come out then bend them up and over to the cold side along the fire wall.  Terminate them to a pair AN bulkhead connectors at a custom bracket mounted to the firewall below the hood latch just to the driver's side.  From there I could make the connection to the engine with soft lines.

I'm not oppose to going to the last OEM bracket in the tunnel then crossing to the center or driver's side in the tunnel and coming out to that bracket.  Maybe located the bracket lower on the firewall.

Just trying to get some ideas about what other people are doing.

eng_bay_fline_terminate.jpg

Edited by LooseRocks
adding more comment

5 hours ago, LooseRocks said:

I'm in the process of installing new hard lines from the back to the front.  The plan is to use the OEM brackets with new lines (enlarge the rubber mounts).  I was thinking I would pop out of the tunnel where the OEM lines come out then bend them up and over to the cold side along the fire wall.  Terminate them to a pair AN bulkhead connectors at a custom bracket mounted to the firewall below the hood latch just to the driver's side.  From there I could make the connection to the engine with soft lines.

Mine is pretty much this.

DSCF1859.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

DSCF1860.jpg

I''ll actually be redoing it, will be the same but the rear lines will end up mounted nearer the filter and the filter will be mounted higher up.

DSCF8669.jpg

12 hours ago, LooseRocks said:

Did you cross over to the cold side in the tunnel?  Or did you come out of the tunnel where the OEM ones come out and then routed them over.

I'm not oppose to going to the last OEM bracket in the tunnel then crossing to the center or driver's side in the tunnel and coming out to that bracket.  Maybe located the bracket lower on the firewall.

Just trying to get some ideas about what other people are doing.

eng_bay_fline_terminate.jpg

Yes I crossed over while in the trans tunnel, will probably do the same thing when I get to that point. Currently have the entire setup done with soft lines and brackets.