HybridZ

R200 is a BEAST!!! ( Personal Best )

This past weekend I took the Z to the track after doing some updates. The last time I had it at the track was April 2018. I went to Thunder Valley Dragstip in Red Springs, NC. First pass I snapped the 4 bolts that bolt the driveshaft to the pinion flange. I can’t complain because they have been in the car for 12 years. I got them replaced. Went to the starting line and went a 5.23 in the 1/8 th did not have the mph. Now guys this is a stock R200 with 300ZXT CV axles and stock stub axles. First off all the glory to God!!! I have a Great friends and family. Thanks 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ironhead said:

I would like to know too.  I am running an R200 shortnose in an LS swap and am a bit apprehensive about it holding up....

Should be fine, N/A I am assuming?

Mine has had no problem running 500hp and 490lbft and thats an older long nose too, the newer short nose I imagine would be stronger. Of course with really wide drag radials it might be different.

2 hours ago, EF Ian said:

Should be fine, N/A I am assuming?

Mine has had no problem running 500hp and 490lbft and thats an older long nose too, the newer short nose I imagine would be stronger. Of course with really wide drag radials it might be different.

Yes, N/A...it is the 525 HP/480 LB FT LS3.  No drag radials or even drag starts planned.  Glad to hear you have had good luck with a similar setup.

I should just quit worrying and run it....I am committed now anyway.  If it breaks I will have to come up with something else.

Holy Crap! that is good news as I acquired a long nose R200 and recently bought the AZC "track pac" to go with it. I am only planning on high 500 to low 600hp from a 2jz with high boost on E85 and most likely running at a lower boost more often. I was skeptical of this route, but wanted to eliminate the stub axles and get at the time available parts so I can resume the body work and wheel spacing. Your car is a Beast!!!