HybridZ

BBK and wheel choices?

Those of you that are running BBK:

What BBK are you using?

Which wheels did you go with (size and offset)?

What size tire are you running?

I'm going to switch to T3 300 mm BBK front and 290 mm BBK rear.  I'm looking at TE37V 17x8.5, 5x114.3, 0ffset -6.  There's like zero info for what the backspacing or wheel profiles to determine if they will work.

I like them but I'm not committed to this wheel choice.  What others would be a fit?

RSW-8SRT 17.x85 5x114.3 offset -6,

Rota RKR offset -10,

Suggestions?

• 2 years later...

I too seem to be hitting the wall for info with this topic, without throwing money at the problem.

Which way did you end up going?

I was looking at the RKR’s because I was forced done the 5 stud road, however caliper clearance is my problem.

I’m using 325mm rotors with R33 gts calipers.

I need about 23mm, behind the spoke relative to hub face at about 167mm from center of hub. I know rbx rims will fit, but only come in 4 stud. They also appear to have a more aggressive spoke angle.

Easy to swap back to 4 stud with my set up but my engineer will not sign the car of with 4 stud.

• 1 month later...

Robo, Have you tried wheel spacers to overcome your caliper interference problems?    Baer Brakes has 4 X 114.3 spacers(.25",.375",.500",.625",.750",.875", 1.00") available

for $70.   The inner diameter is 2.50" so you so might need give a little machining for original Z front hubs.  They made of Billet Aluminum so you can use them for racing if necessary.    Also, you would have to use extended wheel studs.   The total cost still would be minimum.   

Toolman

IMG_4413.JPG.8b766bc0c5d934ba565a63222ece9e92.JPG

Edited by toolman
add pic and text

I run the 300mm t3 bbk front and rear, 15x8 0 offset Rota rkr, 225 50 15. 

I'm planning to go 15x9 and 245 45 all around. 

For the t3 bbk the rears with the ebrake mechanism are hard to clear 15s. I told the tire techs to be really careful where they stuck the weights and marked the areas where they should go.