HybridZ

280Z Dreams and Restoration

Bludrache

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, but not to your posts of wisdom.  I currently have a 1978 280Z (S30 not S130) that I acquired from a  friend back in 2014 that was/is in need of a lot of TLC despite being nearly rust free. I wanted a Z, preferably the 240, ever since I was a teen (I'm 38 now) and even more so after being able to drive a restored one in 2011. Anyway, for 4 years the poor thing sat in my garage where I would go out and occasionally tinker with it, but never felt I made much headway. There are two very important things to know about the Z and I. First is that while I know how to perform general maintenance and some modifications on cars with I am by no means an expert, but rather a  junior mechanic...if that. Second is that my Z came to me with modifications already done that, while awesome, left me largely at a loss on how to proceed. The Z has a 327 V8 from a  '68 C-10 pickup and a 700R4 from the 80's/90's and the wiring in the engine bay and the dash is a mess. To the now,  the Z (pictures to follow) has been professionally tended to by Lefty's Electric and after several months I am happy to report that all the electrical and fuel systems have been  cleaned, tidied up, rerouted,  etc and she starts right up on the first try! Now it's on to replacing the suspension, ALL the rubber and some minor body work.

2015-03-21 09.14.18.jpg

2015-03-21 09.13.17.jpg