HybridZ

body and paint in san jose, CA area

Ean

finally got to the point in my build where i'd like to get the car stripped and primered, and set of SubtleZ fenders installed.

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop somewhere around the san jose area?  Most of the shops around here are either strictly collision repair or seem to specialize in the higher dollar restorations...any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks,

Ean

I no longer live in California, but I would recommend Jake Tomlinson & Company, out of Auburn, Ca.  When I lived in California, I sent both my dad and aunts vehicles there.  To go along with the vast amount which were referred during my time at Land Rover Rocklin.  For years, we would send vehicles to Jake's, even though the Niello company had its own body shop.  Might be a bit further than you are wanting, but would not be disappointed in the results.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 5:41 PM, Ean said:

finally got to the point in my build where i'd like to get the car stripped and primered, and set of SubtleZ fenders installed.

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop somewhere around the san jose area?  Most of the shops around here are either strictly collision repair or seem to specialize in the higher dollar restorations...any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks,

Ean

Yes, I highly recommend Market Auto in San Jose, CA ask for Dave   They are at 140 San Jose Ave, San Jose, CA  408 292-9888  They have done two of my 240z's  Here is the one I finished recently for my wife.  The car was stripped to bare metal, all rust repaired, seam sealed, undercarriage painted with POR-15, rear valance/fender seams weled, new rear inner fender wells, painted with Lambo Merci-lago three stage orange, 911 Porsche mirrors.

IMG_7026.JPG

P1060976.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

P1040406.JPG

20190903_ (1).jpg