HybridZ

MS2 L28ET Stopped sparking

supershanesta

I was just pulling my 240z out of the driveway and it died. I originally thought I might be low on gas but it turns out I am not getting spark. I connected my computer and it senses rpm. I can test the injectors and even hear the clicking in the cabin when doing a spark test but it's not creating a spark on the distributor. 

Do you have steps I could follow with a multimeter to figure out the exact issue?

MS2 3.0 L28et. Single coil to stock distributor setup.

Thanks,

Shane

Start from the beginning.

You hear it sparking,  but not creating spark on the distributor?  The distributor is the first place the spark will jump. Check your distributor cap/rotor.

You pulled the plugs, grounded them and tested for visual spark at the plugs themselves?

megasquirt is really great for troubleshooting with its test functions.

• 2 months later...

NO hes hearing the injectors click not dizzy.

Could be a bunch of reasons Here are some I would check in this order.

Could be no power to the coil simple check with a light. IF YES check this.... Relay, Fuse, Physical connection. IF NO PROCEED to next

Coil Wire to dizzy nice and snug. if yes continue

COIL is bad How to check- Check FSM there are resistance test. IF good proceed.

bad connection between COIL (NEG) to transistor source external / internal pin36 Ohm out.

Bad transistor external / internal ( I doubt it )

If I had to guess its the BIP transistor touching the heat sink/too much thermal paste. Assembly guide as for using metal screw i use the nylon there. IF it is this you still learned something like trouble shooting flow chart.

Goodluck