HybridZ

Bad dog frame rails

FairladyGTR

7 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

240 or 280? If it's a 240, I'd put em in like factory with spot welds since they have a flange on them. The 280 rails he sells I don't believe have a flange, and I wouldn't want to weld them directly to the floor pan due to the lack of surface area the rail contacts the floor with. 

Its actually a 74 260Z

I installed them on my early '74 260z.  In my case, I plug welded them.  Most of these cars have bowed /damaged floorpans.  I found that by drilling holes through the floor/stock rails/Bad Dog rails, I could use M5 bolts to draw it all tightly together.  This pretty much straightened out my floor pans and the stock rails.

IIRC correctly, I made plug welds every inch.

5 hours ago, Ironhead said:

I installed them on my early '74 260z.  In my case, I plug welded them.  Most of these cars have bowed /damaged floorpans.  I found that by drilling holes through the floor/stock rails/Bad Dog rails, I could use M5 bolts to draw it all tightly together.  This pretty much straightened out my floor pans and the stock rails.

IIRC correctly, I made plug welds every inch.

Awesome...thanks!!