HybridZ

Plug and play wiring harness

I used a PSI Conversion harness for my LS2 / T56 and I'm SO glad I did, and didn't use the stock and hacked up one that came with the motor. It looks extremely clean and all the connectors are cut to length so perfectly that there's really no guess work at all. The only real trickery was re-wiring the factory Z harness for the LS starter. Everything else was pretty much plug-and-play. I personally mounted my PCM above the passenger floor pan on the firewall and at least with my 240z. I can probably dig up some pics if it's interesting to you.

I surprisingly couldn't find any good shots of just the PCM itself. When I'm up at the shop later this week I'll grab a couple. Is there anything in particular you're interested in seeing shots of? I'm running Speedhut gauges with my swap, using CAN-BUS from the OBD2 port on the ECU, but I believe that only works for 2006+ PCMs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

BrandenZ

You stated in the post above 

The only real trickery was re-wiring the factory Z harness for the LS starter. 

I am at that stage now, and could use some insight if you have a post or guidance.  I have removed much of the unnecessary wiring in my body harness but am having trouble getting power to the components to generate the keyed ignition Power source the LS standalone harness .

1 hour ago, Yawannago2 said:

BrandenZ

You stated in the post above 

The only real trickery was re-wiring the factory Z harness for the LS starter. 

I am at that stage now, and could use some insight if you have a post or guidance.  I have removed much of the unnecessary wiring in my body harness but am having trouble getting power to the components to generate the keyed ignition Power source the LS standalone harness .

Do you have a 240, 60 or 80? the 240 is much easier VS the tied in Interlock system on the 260Z... 

• 2 weeks later...

Im going with a Holley Terminator X ... Any way you look at it you will save $$ long run by going with it - For $1000 you not only get the ECU AND Harness you get the added bonus of real time tuning... no more sending an ecu out and back etc. Also can get rid of a MAF tune and go with speed density cleaning up the engine bay. Really, with it you can fire an engine up with 5 connections! Unreal... I almost pulled the trigger on a BP automotive harness and do the stock ECU... Stock ECU plus tuning and a new harness if going with engine upgrades = $1400 and upward for dyno tuning 

• 2 months later...