HybridZ

VQ35DE/HR fuel pump internal hose connection

thisismatt

Hey all - I have a VQ35DE/HR fuel pump (17040-EV10A) that I plan to drop into a stock Datsun fuel tank for my VQ swap.  I can't seem to find any info regarding the internal in-tank fuel line that goes from the pump across the hump to the other side of the tank in the 350Z/G35 stock tank.  This hose doesn't seem to be sold separately as far as I can tell.  Do I need this secondary line? Can I leave it disconnected? Should I just cap it since the pump will be submerged in an otherwise flat bottom tank?  I've attached a picture showing the hose that I'm talking about (cut off - not my pump).

Thanks for any help

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 260DET said:

It has to be either a vent or return hose doesn't it, for a more definitive answer maybe try the 350Z forum.

From what I can tell it's just a feed from the other side of the trans/driveline tunnel, but if the pump wants to draw from both simultaneously, then it seems like I should at least run it to the bottom of my tank as well...