HybridZ

Marugen shoukai ZG flares, question about thickness

Hi guys,

From my research it appears that the Marugen shoukai ZG flares are the best quality.  I believe the only place to order is from RHDJapan.  They have 3 types: standard, deluxe and special - in order of thickness.  Does anyone have experience with any of these and would have a recommendation?  I am leaning towards the special, but the website says they have the deluxe in stock and I'm assuming this would mean I would get them much faster.  Also I'm not sure how thick is good enough.

Has anyone used their wider ZG flares?  I didn't see any mention on the website about the thickness or even how wide they are.

Also, someone in another thread mentioned using jessestreeter.com to order?  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by fusion

I had Jesse buy me a steering wheel off yahoo auctions, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. I lost a few auctions before winning one, and he was always very prompt in sending the deposit back after I requested it when I lost. Super responsive even in non-business hours as well. The steering wheel came packaged well enough to survive if they had just thrown it out of the plane over my house, so he doesn't skimp there either. It took me like 10 minutes just to unbox it. 

Edited by calZ

RHDJAPAN all day. fastest shipping and no bidding BS. Just buy it and it'll come. The flares are thinner than MSA but the fitment is perfect. As for how wide they are, its wider than the normal ZG flares. Im in San Diego, if you were closer your more than welcome to swing by the shop to check them out. 

Heres a picture of it in the front for for shits and giggle. 

IMG_1836.jpg

The standard flares are VERY thin. I've blown my set up multiple times, I'd go for the special next time. 

Streeter is great, he'll deal with standard companies in Japan, not just bidding. He's particularly good at making sure you get what you expect to get. Very fast shipping, EMS is usually about 1-2 days to the west coast. Prices can be better than RHD Japan, usually comes in about the same. 

I just received my set of MS special flares from RHD Japan last week.  
Only took a week or so to receive them.

The Special flares seem sturdy and fit really well out of the box. When I get home from work today I’ll take a measurement to give you a better idea of their thickness.  

10 hours ago, Deputy_Dangle said:

I just received my set of MS special flares from RHD Japan last week.  
Only took a week or so to receive them.

The Special flares seem sturdy and fit really well out of the box. When I get home from work today I’ll take a measurement to give you a better idea of their thickness.  

The flares averaged .100” thick.