HybridZ

D2 Racing Street Coilovers

Have not seen that company previously; but I don't follow drifting.  Do you know what manufacture springs and shocks they use?  (I was not apparent from the website.)  One way that vendors are able to offer kits inexpensively is to use generic components manufactured on the cheap.

Are you sure you want those spring rates?  Perhaps they're optimized for drifting; but would not be practical in most other applications for multiple reasons.

Finally, are their strut tubes manufactured from aluminum?  It sounds as though they are; which makes things a bit trickier than usual when welding them to your stock steel strut tubes.  

never heard of them but they sound to be the same as the BC coilover. If you dont want to spend the money on the BC coilover ones, buy the CR Racing ones. They are again, a knock off version of the BC Coilovers but are around $800 and have been around a little longer than D2 Racing.

The spring rate does seem a little high.

I believe the aluminum construction they are talking about is the threaded tube. The main body is steel as you cannot weld aluminum to steel (you can braze but it is much weaker).

If it is aluminium threaded tube it would not work but would doubt TÜV  would approve them being aluminum, and the fact that they are TÜV approved makes them seem more legit, at least to me. 

6 hours ago, walkerbk said:

never heard of them but they sound to be the same as the BC coilover. If you dont want to spend the money on the BC coilover ones, buy the CR Racing ones. They are again, a knock off version of the BC Coilovers but are around $800 and have been around a little longer than D2 Racing.

The spring rate does seem a little high.

I believe the aluminum construction they are talking about is the threaded tube. The main body is steel as you cannot weld aluminum to steel (you can braze but it is much weaker).

Sure i could buy the CR racing ones but they would cost the same as BC after import cost from the states to europe.