HybridZ

Exhaust routing challenges

I am building a 76 280z LS/turbo car.  I was planning on running 3.5" single exhaust.  I may reduce it to 3" after the trans.  I would really like to run it all the way out the back.  Upon looking under the car, this looks like it will be a sizeable challenge.  The car already sits fairly low.   I am planning on running a super 8.8 diff.   Looks like the 3 options are:

1) run it under the diff and around the gas tank (Camaro tank).  This is probably the easiest, but would likely result with the least ground clearance

2) run it above the axle next to the diff.  Looks really tight, maybe even tighter with a super 8.8 and beefy axles

3) run it out in front of the rear passenger tire.  Might be room to make a 90* turn right after the passenger side frame rail and sneak it out in front of the sway bar.  Would have to cut out seat belt pocket and modify exterior sheet metal so exhaust exits right in front of tire.  This option has very limited room for a muffler and I'm concerned about noise and fumes in the cabin.

Does anyone have any advice or pictures?  It would be super helpful.

Thanks

Going over the axle is going to be all but impossible with 3" pipe without some crazy welded V or something and or cutting material from the braces. Side exit is always an option but you will really be limited on muffler placement. Also to your concern, side pipes are usually much louder in cabin for various reasons.

Unless you are REALLY low you should be fine running it along the stock path. Several local Zs including me are lowered with 3in exhausts and don't have issues. I also don't drive my on bad roads FWIW.