HybridZ

attn: tony fruzza. car contrast.

Guest livewire23

Guest livewire23

I'm sure this has probably been beaten to death, but I searched the forums and still have questions. I know tony has both a 240 with a 7m and a 240 with a L28et, so i figure he could help me. Could you compare the two cars that you own, current hp, weight, handling, fun factor and price?

Also, when doing the 7m, was it necessary to go standalone, or was that just a choice? I'm probably going to keep the motors running on stock parts until I go to college, so Im not gonna run huge injectors or anything like that for a while. I just want to drop in the motor, up the boost a little, and drive it on weekends for a year. After that I'll tune the hell out of it.

I like the fact that the 7m is ten years younger, and has parted from the ways of bosch L-Jetronics. But if I need to go standalone, that puts it back on par with the L28, which should also probably go standalone. The cost of the motor itself is about the same, but the 7m has to be fabricated to fit, whereas the L28 is a direct swap. $$$ I know both engines will hit my power needs, so now it just comes down to money and fun factor. My instinct is to think the 7m would be more fun to drive, not to mention more fun to show off to stupid (and soon to be confused) friends. Also, a 7m would probably look good right off the crate, whereas I know that L28s generally need quite a bit of polishing.

• 10 years later...

It's been a long time since I've been active. I hope you're project has progressed more than mine. If you're still interested let me know. I've since sold the L28ET car and have kept the 7M, although it hasn't been running. The 7M car was built to be a beast, and the L28ET just had some minor tuning work done. In the end there was a HUGE gap in investment.

I swapped out the tired L24ET before selling for a L28ET.