HybridZ

Wiring Harness Dilemma

Hi, I’m in the process of reinstalling my wiring harness on my early build 1975 280z. As I’m running carbs I have removed the EFI stuff.

However, I have an 8 pin plug in the engine bay with only 6 wires, 2 of the pins are blanked and they appear never to have had wires going to them. Now the books says that there are 3 pairs of wires for the manual transmission (back-up lamp, neutral switch and top gear switch), one wire is for the oil pressure sensor and one is the signal wire to the starter motor from the relay i.e. 8 wires.

So why does my 8 pin plug have only 6 wires. I seem to be missing the starter signal wire (Yellow) and a one wire to the neutral switch. (Light green/Black)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it’s doing my head in.

5199B733-B1B7-4456-89F2-8D140220ED1A.jpeg

My advice would be to not worry about it.  You might check the other chapters in the FSM, they have smaller wiring diagrams for each component.  And the 1975 FSM is the first EFI FSM.  I've found that it has a lot of errors in it.  

Use a meter and see what's what.