HybridZ

No lift shift

tioga

Set up a no lift shift tune today on my car. Might be one of the coolest mods yet. It works so well. Set up a 3step limiter with a clutch pressure switch. And rpm limits for each gear at different vehicle speeds when clutch pressure exists. This means you don’t have to do 7500 rpm shifts for it to work you can do whatever rpm you want at the time. The revs drop to what is needed for the next gear ratio. Takes a little getting used to not moving your right foot on a 7k shift but after a few times you get the hang of it. Sounds really cool. Installed the pressure switch in the bleeder hole so no hardware change necessary. 

Just in case anyone else ever wants to do this I could find no information out on the web about how much pressure is really in a clutch hydraulic line. Well In out case about 550psi. But you only need about a 200 psi sensor because you want to activate before you reach full pressure. I have a 1000 psi sensor and it goes to about 2.4 volts when the clutch is fully depressed. 

• 1 month later...

No that is the Luk version part number lsc199 slave cylinder which is aluminum instead of cast iron. Other than that I am using a AEM pressure sender and that is it. The bleeder was m10x1.0 and I have a adaptor in the bleeders to go from 10x1.0 to 1/8npt. I now have the pressure sender running parallel to the slave using a 90* adaptor and it looks better.