HybridZ

Which Collar do I need for new upgraded clutch set up?

Have a early 71 240z with a 5 speed 280z transmission. It has all the 240z components inside including the original 240z flywheel, pressure plate, 240z collar, adjustable slave cylinder and 225mm clutch disc.

I am upgrading the clutch set up and have purchased a new lightweight Fidanza flywheel, and new 240mm Exedy stage one racing clutch kit that fits a ZX or 280z 2+2.  The Fidanza flywheel wheel work with either a 225mm or 240mm clutch. 

Does anybody know which collar I will need for this particular set up? I would think to just buy the collar that goes with the pressure plate of a ZX or 280z 2+2 but with the Fidanza flywheel being able to fit both a 225mm or 240mm disc I'm not sure if its thinner than stock or something and may require a different collar.

Think there is also a turbo ZX collar that is smaller, just want to get it set up right the first time and not have to pull the tranny out again later to change collars.  Anyone have this set up and dealt with this issue before? 

How does the height of your new stack-up compare to the old one?

That's flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate all bolted together measured from the crank mounting face on the flywheel to the fingers on the pressure plate. I did the change to an rb26 flywheel with 280xz turbo clutch on my 280z and didn't have to change the collar at all.

If your throwout bearing is a different size you'll have to take that measurement into account too.

22 hours ago, ZHoob2004 said:

How does the height of your new stack-up compare to the old one?

That's flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate all bolted together measured from the crank mounting face on the flywheel to the fingers on the pressure plate. I did the change to an rb26 flywheel with 280xz turbo clutch on my 280z and didn't have to change the collar at all.

If your throwout bearing is a different size you'll have to take that measurement into account too.

I will check.  I have a 240z with short 240z collar now. I think the 280s were longer like the zx so maybe that's why you didnt have to change yours.