HybridZ

Rotisserie question

I just acquired a rotisserie and had some questions before putting the car on. Do i need to brace the body anywhere or is the stock body stiff enough? I planned on removing all the glass, but is it mandatory to not break while on the rotisserie from chassis flex?

My car, unbraced, attached at the bumper bracket locations was just fine. I even climbed in it a few times. No issues. However, I will say, bad dog frame rails were one of the first things I did. 

If you are mounting your Z on a rotisserie to do major cutting and replacement metal then a few strategic braces can help but mostly not necessary if you do one rocker at a time then one floor pan at a time before moving to the other side.  Definitely remove the glass, the rubber seals will need replacing anyway.

Thanks all. I don’t have major cutting to do. My rockers are solid, just repair one dogleg and floors are the structural parts. The other parts are cosmetic sheet metal work and scraping the undercoating. 

• Like 1