HybridZ

Posted (edited)

Update 21May2020: dropped price to $10,500, and showing to a couple people locally this week.

Hey friends, I used HybridZ a ton when I was a teen. Haven't had any time for my '73 240Z since about 2011, so I made the hard decision to sell (to the right person! not selling unless it's a hobbyist) to give someone else a chance to finish this project.

Got my stuff on a couple sites, mostly OfferUp. Donated $20 here to be able to post a For Sale thread. Let me know if I'm doing this right (I read the 2 related stickies).

I'm a 33-year-old guy in Tempe in law enforcement/military. Price is $12,999 because I think that's what I can prove I paid so far on-paper, but mostly to deter the usual low-ball offers. I also have a 2007 CBR600RR for sale with low miles, though also not in a hurry to sell. I'll take cryptocurrency, cash, cashier's check, and whatever else won't get me ripped-off. Hope y'all are doing well, and here's the info from OfferUp!

https://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/item/323-1973-datsunnissan-240z-rebuilt-with-280zx-enginetransmission-not-in-a-hurry-to-sell-tempe-az/

1973 Datsun/Nissan 240Z (rebuilt with 280ZX engine/transmission) not in a hurry to sell. Tempe AZ

499999 Miles

NOT IN A HURRY TO SELL. will sell this rebuilt/project 240Z to the right person, only. looking for some enthusiast who grew-up in the 70s, or a gearhead who likes restoring cars. i also have my 2007 CBR600RR motorcycle up for sale, if you know anyone who needs a reliable moto.
I bought this 240Z from a guy in California, around the San Pedro area in 2004. i think i remember him being the 2nd owner, buying it from a nearby woman. i was mid-high school and wanted to restore a car with my dad (he’s amazing at doing car projects by himself). i paid $3,000 cash after working a full summer at some side jobs as a kid. used the car as a daily driver for almost 2 years in high school, then joined the military. the car originally had some surface rust in the usual Z spots, but is totally clean now. spent hours with my dad doing the following: engine and transmission from 280ZX rebuilt and paint (5-speed manual and 2.8L now), rebuilt SU carburetors, rebuilt most of everything under the hood, shined the crap out of most surfaces (my valve cover is almost a mirror!), put a different geared differential in, re-did the brakes and painted the calipers, put a new exhaust in with a 2.5” pipe (super throaty with headers, a bit too loud for me now, and no catalytic converter), got it to pass Maricopa County emissions, registered it until the end of 2011 when i listed it as not in use, got out of the military and paid $4,250 for a nice paint job with the original orange, painted the engine bay with the motor out, sprayed rhino liner on the hood interior, painted a front air dam/spoiler i bought, painted a rear spoiler i bought, all totally running and rebuilt and clean, OTHER than the interior. interior was my last project, but i ended up moving out of the US until last year. i’ve had this car waiting for me in my garage, with a Noah car cover on it, for so many years. i don’t want to sell it, but i need garage space for my new 4Runner daily driver, and i’m already listing my moto for sale anyway.

Edited by 240ZinAZ
price drop and OfferUp removed it

Appreciate it! I've had a few local offers, but want to make sure I'm finding the perfect new home for this car. Any ideas on what more information I need to list, or what sites/ways I can get more exposure? eBayMotors and Craigslist now charge $5 for a car listing, it seems.

Just posted, let me know if you can find it there. website isn't super intuitive with how to receive emails/messages about it. anyone wanna throw their opinion on a price range i should expect? i won't sell it for 7k because i paid 2,500 for the car and 4,250 for the paint job. but i know 15k is way too much, since the interior needs all new carpet and lining and seats.

Yup, saw it there. It's hard to pin-point a value but I'd guess you're looking a lot closer to the $7k than $15k. Your Offerup ad is no longer live for reference but if you get $10k, I'd say you did well.

Here are some hasty photos. I will definitely take more this weekend! The Z is still available as I am only chatting with about 3 people who seem to match the type of owner I'd like the car to go to. I know the dust is a sin, but that's part of why I have been leaning toward selling it for so many years...no one is enjoying the car, and it just sits under a cover in my garage.

z3.png

z2.png

z1.png

z4.png