HybridZ

Why is does one wheel stick out further than the other?

Quick question to see if anyone has had this issue, so I bought new rims and wheels with all the same offest and the rear I have 2 inch spacers and one the rear right stick out and I have no idea why. I would want the one the left to stick out like the other one. 

MVIMG_20200513_163958.jpg

MVIMG_20200513_164008.jpg

MVIMG_20200513_163933.jpg

IMG_20200513_163941.jpg

No.  But that's where misalignment comes from, on all vehicles.  Bad bushings and/or bent parts.  Or loose/missing bolts.

Check the subframe mounting bolts also.  The whole thing could be about to fall out.

It would also help to get the car on the ground and settle the suspension before making judgements. Sometimes things can look weird when everything in the suspension is drooped. 

Edited by calZ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let me get some info on your setup right quick:

1. What are the offsets of the wheels

2. How big are the spacers

3. Are you for certain that you put the same size spacers on both sides

4. Has the car ever been in a collision on the passenger side fender well or drivers side wheel hub

If all that checks out. I cant see that the actual trailing arm that's connected to the wheel hub could ever actually get push in or out with that big of a gap under the vendor wells. That would mean your CV axles (which are perfectly lengthened to fit between the differential and the wheel hub) would be coming loose or almost falling off.

Do you kinda get my drift here: Every component that's connected to the wheel hub would have to have all shifted perfectly together to keep the CV axles from not disconnecting.

If you car got smashed on the drivers side to where all those components shifted that far, that would be a catastrophic damage to your rear end.